- Introduction -

Welcome to the Game Design portfolio of Danny Johnson. You can browse through the various posts for projects in the Post summary to the right. Some of the work uses existing properties for a basis, but I have then created a unique design in the spirit of that game. All work has been created by me unless otherwise noted. You can also visit my game design blog or view my resume.

4.12.2010

Polarity (executable)


Polarity is a game I made for my senior project. It is an action/fighting game with same keyboard multiplayer. The intent was to create a game that was mainly about design and not context. I wanted to avoid any real world constraints unless I specifically chose to use them, such as gravity. I believe the game turned out more enjoyable because of this design first approach, yet I believe it could still be re-branded to something more accessible if necessary. This game took about three months to fully develop, even though the initial prototype was completed in two days.

No comments: